Friday, June 10, 2011

Baby quilt...

So, I haven't had a chance to sew with finals and now I'm sick :( But I wanted to post some pictures of the quilt I made for my best friend's new baby. She gave me free reign over the fabrics and wanted it to be a surprise, so all she knew was that she was getting a quilt :)

So, with free reign, I found the cutest materials! I went with a jungle theme, with yellow, blue, and brown. Here are a couple of the squares:














I picked out all the fabric and got it all at once. I knew the squares I wanted to do, but I didn't know exactly how all the fabrics would go together... but I think it worked really well:

It was a little bit of a process, but I got it! I had to cut the squares smaller than I had originally planned because I made some wrong cuts, too small. But I'm glad that I did, otherwise, the quilt would have turned out way to big! Here it is when I laid it all out:

After looking at it, I knew I had to do a sashing, it just looked like too much and needed to be broken up. I had to lay it all out with the different fabrics that I had to choose from for the sashing. I bought a lot of extra fabrics and was glad to be able to use another one of them :)

The finished quilt was about 45x45 inches. Here's the topper:

Both of the quilts I've made turned out so much bigger than anticipated, I guess I need to plan a little better in the future! :D Here is the finished quilt:

Here it is up close, the baby's name is Trent :) If you look close at the quilting, it is little elephants quilted in it! So cute!

I don't have a picture of the back, but this is the fabric I used. The minky is so soft and wonderful! I had more than enough to make this cute little elephant!

I hope you like it! I'm done with quilts for a little while, but maybe after I get some of my other projects done I'll start up again ;)
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Holly

2 comments:

  1. I wish you had gotten a picture of the back! The elephants are soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I will the next time I am over :)

    ReplyDelete