Thursday, May 12, 2011

First finished quilt... for Grandma!

So tired and yet so awake :P
I figured now was as good a time as any to post pics of my first finished quilt, which was for my husband's grandma :)I finished and quilted it myself (very basic, stitch-in-the-ditch around the squares, nothing fancy) in about 2 1/2 months. I decided after that i was never quilting myself again! It is very basic with rail fence blocks and some solid blocks that had the birdies on them. The pictures aren't high quality so the color is much better, but i don't have any other pics of it.

Here is my husband holding it up... it was supposed to be a lap quilt, lol! I got carried away, but i love it and so does she!
 Here's some of the detail around the edges. The binding looked like birch wood, it was perfect!
All of the fabric is Valori Wells, so it's very soft and wonderful! The back was done in coordinating bird fabric with a big print on it.

Hope you all like it!
Good night and "talk" to you soon!
Holly

2 comments:

  1. Hi Holly! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I appreciate your comments so much :) I read that you are interested in purses and bags and I wanted to let you know that allpeoplequilt.com has tons of free patterns for bags. Don't let the name fool you, they are not all quilted bags. Also check out Sew4home.com. They have lots of free patterns too. I almost never buy patterns any more. Or you can google "free handbag patterns" and you'll be surprised how many you can find that way. There are alot of people who are generous enough to share free online tutorials. Have fun with all that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Karen! I just recently got into blogging and am loving being able to share my sewing on a new level :) I have about 5 books on how to make bags, most that my mom bought for me. I think I have enough info in them to keep me going for a looong time, lol!

    ReplyDelete