Monday, July 11, 2011

Purse #1 done!

Well, hello! I know i haven't blogged in way too long, but it has been a very fun couple of days and figured i would tell you a little about it! :D School keeps me so busy that i haven't had a chance to do much sewing! But, Sunday i got together with 3 of my sewing-enabled friends and started on a purse! It wasn't one that was on my summer to-do list, but at least i now have an adorable purse!

So, i got Amy Butler's Style Stitches in January and have been wanting to make a purse out of it for EVER! One of my summer projects was a different purse from the same book, but i didn't want to start in the hard section and went with intermediate instead. Some of the directions were a little confusing, but i was able to figure them out with minimal annoyance ;)


So, i went to the Sister's Quilt Show on Saturday and it was a blast! There were so many quilts and i love the Stitchin' Post (a little quilt shop in Sisters, Oregon co-owned by Valori Wells). Anyway, i bought this wonderful Valori Wells fabric at the sale they were having on quilt show day :) I had to make something with it, so after i got home, i looked through my purse books and figured out what i needed, then stopped by a little fabric store in my neck of the woods and picked up a coordinating solid. Then came home and got to work! I used a coordinating pink thread to do some stitching around the outside and give it some interest :)


I started last night and got it all cut out and started sewing. It turned out bigger than i thought, but i think it's a good size for everyday. Plus, if i go to the movies, i can totally fit a 20 oz. soda and some candy in it! :D


I am also glad it lays well. As i was sewing it, i was scared it wouldn't lay right and look weird, but it's adorable! I might need to go to the store just to be able to use it!


I will post pictures of the Quilt Show within the next day or so... there are a lot of pictures, so i will go through and post a few of my favorites ;)
Hope you all have a wonderful day! Hope it's sunny and beautiful!
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment